When Carruthers closed their Edmonton branch in 1929 Tom
established Halford Hide & Fur to take over operations which he
was a share holder and a manager until his death in 1942.
Tom's two sons (John and Albert) continued business until their
operations were dissolved in 1976 and in 1976 Halford Hide & Leather Company Ltd. begins operation on
two lots at 105 Avenue until the great fire on February 19, 1989
which destroyed one lot.
Shortly after the fire Halford Hide & Leather Company Ltd.
moved operations to 8629 126 Avenue where we are located today.