Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus (PRRSV) Antibody ELISA kit
Catalog No. LSY-30010
The GreenSpring® Porcine reprodutive and respiratory syndrome virus antibody test
kit (PRRSV Ab) is used for the detection of PRRSV antibodies in
swine serum; assessment of immunity conditions against porcine
reprodutive and respiratory syndrome virus in the pig farms; and
investigation epidemiology of the PRRSV.
The GreenSpring® PRRSV Ab ELISA test kit is made from the antigen coated microtiter
plate, goat-anti-pig IgG-HRP and other reagents. It applies the
indirect ELISA principle to test the antibodies against PRRSV in
porcine serum. In the test, the coated antigen combine with
PRRSV-IgG in serum, then add IgG-HRP to specifically bind with
complex of antibody-antigens on the microplate. With the TMB
substrate, it will generate an amount of color. The depth of color
is relative with the content of the PRRSV-IgG.
PRRSV antigen coated microplate
96T X 2
Sample diluent solution
PRRSV-IgG Negative control serum
PRRSV-IgG Positive control serum
20×concentrated washing buffer
4. Material Required not Provided
1 Microplate Reader (Dual-wave length: 450/630 nm).
2 Microplate Washer.
3 Micropipettes, adjustable (Single-wave length
1-100ul,0.5-10ul,multi-wave length 30-300ul).
4 Constant temperature box or water bath box.
6 Disposable tips (10ul, 200ul)
7 Deionized water
5. Sample requirement
1 The samples are porcine serum, which should be collected with no
bacteria. The storage time should be less than 1 week at 2-8 ℃, if
for long term, it should be kept at -20℃.
2 Avoid to use the samples with severe hemolysis, precipitate,
contaminated by bacteria or protein suspension.
3 The EDTA, heparin sodiun and other anticoagulants will not affect
1) Bring ELISA reagents to the room temperature (20-25 ℃) for 30
min to get best results.
2) Sample dilute: Dilute sample with the sample diluent solution at
40 times.(There will be color change after adding solution), the
diluted sample need to mix evenly to get better results.
3) Washing solution preparation: Dilute the 20×concentrated washing
buffer with deionized water at 20 times.
1 Adding sample: Take out the required coated plates according to
sample quantity (Can be detached) and record the sample position on
a worksheet. Set 2 wells for negative control serum and 2 wells for
positive control serum, add undiluted negative and positive control
serum to its well accordingly, 100 μL/well. Others are wells for
samples, add 100μL/well of the diluted Sample. (Can do for both
single-well and double-well test).
2 Mix gently for 10s, incubate at 37℃ for 30 min.
3 Remove adhesive foil. Pour the liquid out of the wells, add
Washing solution into each well fully, be static for about 10s,
pour out directly. Repeat 3 times, at last time pat to dry on
4 Add 100 μL enzyme comjugate into each well.
5 Cover plate with new adhesive foil. Incubate at 37 ℃ for 30 min.
6 Repeat step 3(washing).
7 Add 100ul substrate into each well, mix properly, incubate for 10 min at 37 ℃ in the dark with new adhesive foil.
8 Add 50 μL stop solution into each well, mix gently for 10s and
determine the result.
9 Measure the OD value with a photometer at 450 nm/630nm.
8. ELISA analysis
Measure the OD Value of each well, for the assay to be valid the
following specifications must be met. The PRRS-Positive control
mean must be equal to or greater than 0.60, the PRRS-Negative
control mean must be less than 0.15.
The result is judged by S/P value,
S/P=(Sample OD450/630- NCx)/( PCx- NCx), NCx means Negative control’s average OD450/630 value, PCx means Positive control’s average OD450/630 value
If S/P≥0.2, it is positive; less than 0.2, it is negative.
9. Interpretation of the result
1. Severe hemolysis, fiber protein in the serum separation is not
sufficient, containing erythrocytes, a precipitate, a sample with
bacteria may lead to false positive.
2. Negative results may occur on individual pigs after vaccines due
to individual differences or immune duration.
3. Positive results for serological diagnosis and epidemiological
investigation of swine to be combined with other methods and
10. Limit of test method
PRRSV-IgG can be used as the evaluation of PRRSV vaccine effect and
PRRSV virus infection serological diagnostic indicators, but can
not distinguish the two, if want to distinguish antibody caused by
the vaccine or wild virus infection, it shout be combined with
clinical data, immunization programs etc.
11. Product performance
1. Specificity: use this kit to detect reference serum, the
compliance rate reach 100%.
2. Sensitivity: can reach max 1:5120.
3. Precision: CV(%)no bigger than 8%.
4. Stability: Store at 2℃～8℃ for 12 months or store at 37℃ for 3
days, the result can reach the above 3 standards.
12. Precautions and warnings for users
1. This test kit is suitable for in vitro diagnostics.
2. Do not use reagents expired, do not mix reagents from different
3. Read the Manual carefully before use.
4. Experiment rubbish should be dealt with high pressure steam
sterilization at 121 ℃ for 30 minutes, or treated with 5.0g/L
sodium hypochlorite disinfectant for 30 minutes, then discard.
5. MicroWell plate removed from the refrigerated environment should
be balanced moisture to dry at room temperature, then can be
opened. Put back unused MicroWell plate into dry foil bag and
sealed at 4 ℃. Unused liquid reagent should cover caps, store at
2-8 ℃ in dark with other group components.
6. If the 20×concentrated washing buffer appears crystal, it is
normal, put at 37℃ until been dissolved.
7. Should use Micropipettor to add sample and reagents, and often
proof its accuracy.
8. When adding washing buffer, should be full but no overflow,
avoid appearing free enzyme at mouth of well or cross pollution
9. Stop solution is corrosive, use large amount of water to wash
immediately when touch the skin or clothes.
Packing: 96 wells×2.
Expiry date: 12 months.
Storage: Storing at 2~8 ℃in the dark, not freeze.